Cakes featured below are samples of my work and were designed by me, according to the customers' needs.
I look forward to working with you to make your cake a one of a kind work of art or recreating your favorite from my gallery!
~Please feel free to scroll down to view my cake gallery~
Because my 3D cakes are completely custom made, and priced individually by the complexity of their design, I do not have a standard price list; however, there is a minimum of $60 for all orders.
1. What are the hours of operation? I set my own hours by appointment. I am a cottage baker; which means, I work out of my home. Feel free to email or call anytime.
2. How many years of cake decorating/designing experience do you have? I have been making cakes for over 20 years; I have recently, over the last couple of years, added wedding cakes to my repertoire and I am loving it!
3. Do you do customized designs? Custom designs are my specialty :)
*How to order a custom cake*
Think about what would be fun, creative, and really say something about the person who you are getting the cake for. Does he/she play any sports or musical instruments? What are their hobbies? What is your child's favorite cartoon character or toy? Anything you can think of, we can possibly make into a cake.
~What you have in mind for the design (or photo examples)
~Whether it will be picked up or delivered (please include pick-up/delivery time and/or location)
~How many people you will need the cake to serve ~Flavors, fillings, and type of frosting you have in mind Once I receive all of the necessary information, I will email you a price quote.
4. Do you have taste testing? Yes, I provided taste testing by appointment and each buttercream frosted cake is $5 per flavor and $8 for each fondant frosted flavor. Tasting cakes are a small take home cake that are 4-6 servings. I bake them fresh and they are a full (small) cake, not a tiny bite.
5. How much are consultations? Consultations are $25 which include two flavors of your choice and I will work with your/my schedule, by appointment. Any additional flavors would be charged as prices are stated above.
6. Is there a cake pillar/plate rental fee? There is no rental fee; however, there is a deposit required. Deposits are refunded when items are returned in good shape and in a timely manner (one week after event).
7. What is the cake delivery & set up fee? Toledo $40 - Areas surrounding Toledo $60. You are also welcome to pick-up any cake ordered and avoid any delivery charge; however, please note that cakes are FRAGILE and require you to treat them as so when transporting. So "please" drive carefully =) ( I can not be responsible for your cake's safety after it leaves my home.)
8. Do you allow alternate flavors by tier/layer? Yes
9. Do you offer any specials/discounts? I have specials/discounts listed in yellow (when available) above pricing.
10. What kind of payment do you accept? Cash is preferred or money order
11. What is the amount of deposit require? Minimum of 50% of the total cost of your order.
12. When is full payment required? 2 weeks before the wedding/event. Full payment is due, for smaller cakes, when the cake is picked up.
13. What is the cancellation policy? You have 2 weeks after placing an order and saving the date to cancel your order. After 2 weeks your deposit is no longer refundable. If you need to change the date, I will try my best to work with you according to what I have in my schedule. If your event is in less than 4 weeks, I still except deposits without the 2 week cancellation option.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Tiers of Joy - Dark Chocolate and Gold
Fondant with buttercream base. Golden and Pearlaccentedbroach is edible.